Rainbow Hospice Care is currently accepting applications for a Volunteer Coordinator. This is a full-time position with an office location at the Inpatient Center in Johnson Creek. While this position is primarily Monday-Friday, 8 am – 4:30, the schedule can vary depending on the needs of the position. Flexibility is a must.
Purpose of the Position: The Rainbow Hospice Volunteer Coordinator helps manage a volunteer department of around 250 volunteers and is responsible for orientation, training and coordination of all volunteers and volunteer program management and development.
- Assesses and monitors program needs and develops appropriate volunteer positions.
- Develops and maintains a record system and personnel files.
- Prepares reports as required by the CEO.
- Facilitates community awareness and support of the Rainbow Hospice volunteer program.
- Coordinates assignments in conjunction with patient care team.
- Provides liaison between patients, their families, staff and Board.
- Carries out other assignments as may be appropriate for the job.
- Coordinates annual recognition.
- Recruits, interviews, selects and trains volunteers.
- Assigns appropriate volunteers on the basis of program needs along with the volunteers’ interest and skills.
- Monitors and evaluates volunteer’s performance.
- Reviews volunteer care notes.