The Psychology Postdoctoral Resident position is part of the several clinics within Health West, but primarily the HW ISU and City Center clinics. As part of the team, this position identifies, triages, and manages the patient population with medical and behavioral health problems, providing direct clinical services. This position also requires supervision of other behavioral health staff, including licensed clinical social workers and interns/externs. The Psychology Postdoctoral Resident is supervised by other psychologist(s) working within the Health West clinics.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides initial and on-going consultation and support to medical providers and clinic staff regarding behavioral health services.
- Integrates behavioral health best practice into program design and delivery.
- Supervises behavioral health providers.
- Provides training and orientation to primary care providers on behavioral health.
- Conducts clinical assessments of mental and behavioral health conditions and makes treatment recommendations.
- Provides direct clinical therapy services to patients.
- Provides crisis support services as needed.
- Provides behavioral health consultation/integration services to patients as needed, including warm hand offs and brief interventions.
- Provides psychological assessment/testing services to patients.
- Maintains timely, accurate, and appropriate records.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Implements Patient Centered Medical Home practices.
- Complies with Health West Inc. Policies and Procedures.