Resource Navigation Specialist II (full-time), who is bilingual in English and Spanish, provides clinic-based community resource navigation services at various medical locations in Multnomah County. Specific responsibilities include conducting brief client assessments, action planning and individualized service referrals based on clients’ goals and objectives, conducting program outreach, and following-up with clients to ensure needs are met.
- Utilize person-centered and trauma-informed assessment to identify and prioritize client needs. Support and encourage clients’ self-advocacy.
- Collaborate with community partners to connect clients with food resources, energy assistance, housing assistance, medical/medication assistance, life skills classes, recovery resources and other social need resources available in their community.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of various benefits and resources, and assist clients with application processes. Assist with development of new community partnerships and building of INW’s resource pool. Conduct outreaches to new and existing community partners, regularly update an on-line resource database to reflect any changes in eligibility, locations etc.
- Collect and assist in processing of high volumes of documentation necessary to complete clients’ requests for rental and other basic needs assistance.
- Complete accurate, legible and timely documentation of services delivered in accordance with client information management standards in all applicable program databases. Maintain compliance with all HIPAA standards.
- Collaborate closely with funder admin and program/clinical staff. Attend all relevant staff meetings at the clinics and comprehensively present the program. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with health providers, nurse case managers and others to maintain effective outreach strategies and support clients’ access to the program.
- Effectively communicate agency policy, mission, values, and decisions to program staff, collaborating organizations, and the community.
- Meet performance standards set forth by the Housing & Safety Net Department regarding quantity, timeliness, and quality of work. Participate in agency and funder mandatory trainings. Represent the Department at various agency and community task forces, committees, and planning groups. Accept other work assignments as assigned by the Program Director/Manager.