The HR Generalist performs day-to-day operations within the Human Resource Department and assists in fostering a respectful and positive work environment for all the employees of the company. This position performs a wide variety of HR activities with emphasis in talent acquisition, on-boarding, performance management, and employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote, model, and ensure a respectful and positive work environment for all employees, understanding and promoting the Lloyd Companies core values in all aspects of service.
- Manage the talent acquisition processes (position posting, candidate screening, initial interviews, reference/background checks)
- Track recruiting efforts and oversee applicant correspondence.
- Continually assess recruitment and retention strategies to meet goals and objectives which also supports company succession planning efforts.
- Manage and ensure successful employee on-boarding and play an active role in leading efforts to continually enhance the employee experience.
- With management, determine the specific requirements within each new job description and assist with writing and continually updating current descriptions as needed. This is to include KRAs for the Spader system.
- Assist with employee needs and issues in various HR-related areas.
- Assist with benefit administration.
- Assist with the investigation process and resolution of employee relation issues and concerns, including grievances, claims for unemployment, compensation, discrimination, and harassment.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers compensation laws.
- Effectively review wage and salary data to determine competitive compensation plans that provide success and fulfillment for both employees and the company.
- Continually evaluate current policies and procedures and recommend new approaches to remain competitive in the job market.
- Monitor and report HR Metrics.
- Assist in the enforcement and communication of personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor the performance evaluation program.
- Assist in facilitating employee events as needed.
- Conduct exit interview and track data.
- Knowledge of Payroll and EEO-1 regulations.
- Oversee records management such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, termination documents, and exit interviews (hardcopy and HRIS program).
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.