What you will do at Fall Creek:
- Work in the Tissue Culture Laboratory and use sterile technique to micropropagate (multiply) in vitro plants.
- Evaluate plants and use only those meeting set quality criteria and standards.
- Maintain an organized and sterile workstation
- Strive to meet and exceed production standards and productivity rates, while maintaining set standards.
- Accurately record productivity data.
- May assist with other lab processes and operations
What you bring to Fall Creek:
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work well with people from different ethnic backgrounds, as well as varying English language skills.
- Highschool diploma or GED. Degree, advanced training, or courses in biological sciences, or 2+ years of related working experience, preferred.
- High attention to detail and the ability to recognize and observe small deviations.
- The ability to read, communicate, and follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- The ability to work in a clean room environment with limited access to the outdoors.
Who is Fall Creek?
We’re a US-based company with a keen focus on blueberry genetics, plants, and grower support delivered to the world’s premier blueberry growers. From our humble beginnings in Lowell, Oregon more than 40 years ago, we now also have wholly-owned nurseries in Mexico, Peru, and Spain. Additionally, we have built a global team of the finest breeders, researchers, propagators and nursery professionals, grower support technicians, sales and customer service experts and more. We’re a deeply-planted link in a global chain, ready to serve our customers and our industry throughout North, Central, and South America, Greater Europe, and Africa. Our mission is to serve the growers and to support the blueberry industry, helping to ensure growers maximize success through our delivery of the best genetics and plants, technical know-how and global market intelligence. To fulfill our mission, we focus on cultivating exceptional plants, building strong relationships and providing responsive customer service. This is all part of how we’re helping to build A World with Better Blueberries™.