PRN AS NEEDED
Responsible for providing high quality patient care, displaying good skills in assessment, psycho-diagnosis, treatment planning, group and individual therapy, family therapy and discharge planning. Participates in all performance improvement hospital activities.
- Conducts individual and group therapy for the child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient. Conducts family therapy sessions. Displays good theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and good treatment techniques for each type of therapy.
- Completes psychosocial evaluations and other assessments on assigned patients in a timely fashion. Displays good interviewing, diagnostic and reporting skills.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate at all times
- Demonstrates the ability to identify patient behaviors that require intervention. Continuously observes significant behaviors, actions and activities of the patients. Documents observations in the patients charts, reflecting implementation of the treatment plan. Reports any unusual occurrences
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors
- Functions as an integral part of the treatment team
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs. Is a resource person to facility staff members; is a liaison between patients, referral sources, agencies, schools, etc.
- Engages in timely, efficient discharge planning. Has excellent knowledge of referral/placement process and available community resources
- Formulates and implements patient treatment plans; family is included when appropriate. Ability to revise treatment plans as indicated by the patient's response to treatment and evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness