Summary and Objective
Avionics Technician 2 are responsible for inspecting and testing the complex electrical and computer systems that allow aircraft to function. They oversee an airplane's radar system, radio communications equipment and the flight controls. Avionics technicians ensure that these
systems are functioning properly before a plane or helicopter takes off. When a problem is found, avionics technicians must repair it before the aircraft can be cleared for takeoff. Avionics technicians also assemble and install electrical components and keep detailed written records of
repair work performed on aircraft.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Inspection, troubleshooting, and repair of aircraft in accordance with FARs,
- manufacturer's specifications and Company procedures, as assigned by lead mechanic or
- Shop Supervisor.
- Maintain aircraft and maintenance facility in clean, organized and professional manner
- with particular attention to safety.
- Line duties and road trips, as required.
- Complete and expedite all documentation as directed by lead mechanic
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine
- performance and airworthiness.
- Responsible for safeguarding and maintaining Company assets.
- Maintain all paperwork in accordance with Company Maintenance Policies and
- Maintain facilities and equipment to highest state of readiness and reliability.
- Maintain highest level of personal training and readiness to perform assigned tasks.
- Adhere to Company policy and procedure.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough working knowledge of blueprints, work orders and task cards to determine type
- of configuration and special instructions prior to installation.
- Extensive knowledge in the process for making and repairing sheet metal, fiberglass and
- composite parts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of estimating hours and materials for completing projects
- Complete knowledge of aircraft fasteners and applications. Complete knowledge of all
- related skill area machines, equipment and hand tools.
- Determining causes of operating errors and know what actions is needed to fix error.
- Basic understanding of aircraft parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Basic understanding of tools and testing methods used to ensure proper functioning of an
- aircraft and its parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and adhere to manual instructions to resolve complex
- mechanical issues.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical inclination.
- Superior and careful workmanship.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to perform consistently in a continuous fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform basic inspections and repairs.
- Ability to learn new skills and methods of repairs.
- Sufficient oral and verbal communication skills, as needed, to discuss equipment
- malfunctions and complete reports.
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States, must provide two forms of
- Federal Identification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software used to complete and maintain records.
- Mostly outside industrial and hangar(s)
- Ability to see and hear clearly
- Ability to read, comprehend, and speak English clearly
- Ability to climb, twist, bend, crouch, stoop, kneel, and crawl
- Ability to move in tight quarters
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods
- Ability to work in all weather conditions as needed
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 75 pounds
Dress Code and Uniform
- Well-groomed appearance
- Adherence to department dress code
flyExclusive does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sex stereotyping, gender identity, gender expression or transgender status), national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age, protected genetic information, status as a parent, marital status, political affiliation, or retaliation based on prior protected EEO activity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.