Position: Mud Logger
Division: Surface Logging
Reports to: Operations Manager, General Manager
Starting rate: From $17 per hour
Location: All regions
The Mud Logger is responsible for generating accurate and concise mud log reports for our clients. Collection of quality geological sample and gas data is critical to our success. Being the eyes and ears of our clients on the wellsite communication takes center stage in what we do.
- Familiarity with company policies and SOPs
- Knowledgeable with gas equipment and able to troubleshoot and calibrate
- Demonstrates best practices and ability in catching and processing samples
- Able to navigate and enter timesheets accurately
- Demonstrated ability to utilize logging software (TLog, MainLog) at an advanced level
- Lag Calculation
- Able to identify where to go for needed information (mud sheet, BHA info etc)
- Demonstrated ability for concise and timely communication
- Maintain a clean work environment and professional appearance
- Ability to train and mentor new employees
- Demonstrated ability to be mindful of unit inventory and manage resources
- Knowledge of wellbore hydraulics and effects on cuttings and gas
- Displays knowledge of regional geology and understanding of drilling hazards that may be encountered
- Able to generate a horizontal well log if necessary
- Safety minded in all aspects of work
Type: Full time
- IRA matching up to 3%
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- No set schedule or rotation
- May work nights, weekend ands holidays as required by project
- May involve extended periods of time (30+ days) in remote locations
- Do you have experience in the mud logging industry?
- What kind of skill set do you possess that you feel helps equip you for this role?
- In your own words, what is mud logging?