We are a new business line within a well respected and established CPA Firm. We operate like a start-up but have the confidence of the firm at our backs. Our goal is to deliver Accounting as a Service to our clients through advanced technology and automation. In this role you’ll collaborate with our team of accounting professionals ensuring our client's accounting needs are met and accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
The senior accountant is primarily responsible for the month-end close process of financial activities for multiple clients. The Senior Accountant will work as a team with Staff Accountant(s) and/or Manager of each engagement. In addition to daily and weekly projects and tasks, the staff accountant will be asked to assist with special projects as they arise.
Who you are:
- You are a problem solver, love new technology, and are passionate about finding a better way of doing “things.”
- This is an accounting role, but no two days will be the same. We are essentially creating a business and it requires a roll-up your sleeves mind-set and entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have a few years of experience in the accounting world and with an ERP accounting system (Intacct is our platform of choice).
- Customer Service attitude – you will be interfacing with clients daily, so having a genuine concern for their business well-being and can-do attitude is what will make you successful in this role.
Daily Responsibilities across multiple clients include:
- Review staff accountant work – including AP/AR transaction processing, cash and credit card transaction coding, bank and cc daily reconciliations
- Review/Prepare account reconciliations for all bank and credit card accounts (depends on the complexity of the client)
- Work with our third-party provider on client transitions from onboarding to ongoing transactional accounting. We are adding clients all the time and this role is critical to creating a positive client experience. Identifying areas of opportunity before they impact the client is key.
Monthly Responsibilities include:
- Lead the recording of month-end general ledger entries, including prepaid expenses, fixed assets, depreciation, recurring accruals and allocations
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts
- Provide timely communication of results