Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, we are excited about the return of travel and look forward to welcoming visitors from around the world back to our amazing city. The resilient, diverse, and welcoming nature of our city is what drives us forward, and its our talented staff that enables the PHLCVB to continually raise the bar.
We are currently searching for a Media Relations Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Director of Content, the Media Relations Manager will be responsible for the design and implementation of public relations and communications programs with the goal to enhance Philadelphias brand as a global destination for meetings, conventions, sporting events and overseas leisure travel. This position works closely with the Director of Content and the Communications Manager to guide media relations strategies for the PHLCVB. This role will focus on developing and maintaining strong relationships with media covering meetings, conventions, and global leisure travel. Additionally, this role will partner with the PHLCVBs overseas rep office PR leads (UK, France, Germany, India, and China) to support global communications strategies. The position is fast paced, works closely with internal departments as well as many external partners including the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association, and PHLCVB partners.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Guides public relations strategies and serves as the primary media relations resource for local and national domestic convention and travel trade press, and international media.
- Serves as primary HQ communications liaison to international representation firms on public relations and communications programs.
- Develops targeted press releases and pitches on a regular basis, including stories for international news outlets (working with the international representation firms), and domestic trade publications.
- Develops itineraries and provides on-the-ground hosting support, in partnership with other members of the communications team, for visiting media and FAM tours.
- Attends various international media marketplaces, which could include ITB Berlin, WTM, along with IPW and other domestic industry trade shows. Schedule subject to change.
- Promotes the work of the PHLCVB to media in local, trade, national and international outlets to enhance the organizations position and relevancy.
- Drafts press releases/media advisories and manage distribution process.
International Representation Firm Management:
- Works with the public relations account manager at each international representation firm to help develop strategies and tactics aimed at increasing exposure for Philadelphia as a destination, while also ensuring that plans are integrated into sales and marketing efforts.
- Works with the public relations account manager at each firm to monitor, measure and report social media and earned media activity within each target market area.
- Manages the international press release process, including writing, reviewing, and distributing all press releases/media advisories or manages process with international rep firms.
Public Relations Planning and Tracking:
- Working closely with the Director of Content, develops a communications plan for international and domestic efforts.
- Develops and maintains the international PR calendar and coordinates with domestic press strategies.
- Monitors and reports on press activity, provides monthly reports and insights to internal PHLCVB teams as well as to key external partners.
- Collaborates with the PHLCVB marketing team to develop public relations campaigns to complement paid advertising strategies in target markets.
- Supports marketing efforts in the creation of international sales support materials by providing assistance with content development as needed.
- Assists the Director of Content with the development and implementation of programs within the following areas designed to enhance the PHLCVB organizations position and relevancy, and support the goals regarding the growth of overseas international visitation and local partner membership:
- Educates the local community on the importance of the PHLCVBs domestic and overseas efforts
- Assists the Communications team with the development of a marketing and communications plan for the PHLCVB corporate mission.
- Develops story ideas, projects, and activations to create opportunities for promotion of the destination.