This role focuses on driving employee relations and engagement while supporting the development and planning of HR and Safety initiatives that support the mission and values of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a point of contact to managers and employees under the direction from the HR Manager
- Provides information to employees and handles inquiries concerning policies and benefits
- Lead the employee engagement committee
- Leads investigations related to employee relations
- Manages and improves safety programs in the facility to drive for a zero incident rate and keep Safety as a top priority
- Develop and lead the employee safety committee
- Communicate with all levels of the organization
- Provides support for new employee orientation
- Assists in meeting staffing needs by partnering with management to conduct interviews
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality of information
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager
Competencies (check all that apply)
Learning & Development
Planning & Organizing
Professionalism & Integrity
Teamwork & Relationship-Building
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree in related field required.
- 2 years of experience in Human Resources and Safety
- OSHA certification preferred
Travel will be minimal.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
Professional email, written and oral communication is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office setting. The manufacturing environment will be noisy, climate is less controlled and where PPE will be required.
UltraSite a PlayCore Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.