The Fleet Science Centers Studio X-pert supports the Fleet Mission, Philosophy of Inquiry, and Community-Centered approach by facilitating playful and inventive educational activities using (STEAM) science, technology, engineering, art, and math in our maker space- Studio X. In addition to conducting educational activities in the Studio, the Studio X-pert will also support the make space Supervisor in the organizing and maintaining of inventory, tools and materials. A Studio X-pert also assists in the training, supervision, and scheduling of X-pert volunteers. In this position, you will also have the opportunity to build on the Fleets community centered ideologies, by building relationships and working collaboratively with regional Makers and Maker Organizations for public programs and experiences in Studio X.
This opening is for a part time position working approximately 20 hours per week. Applicants must have weekend availability!
Reports to: Studio X Supervisor
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a welcoming and collaborative environment that sparks interest, enthusiasm, and curiosity in STEAM for visitors of all ages.
- Engage in reflective conversation aimed at strengthening visitor understanding and creativity.
- Organize activities and maintain areas for safety and compliance with museum policies.
- Support the Studio X Supervisor with the maintenance and inventory of tools, materials and supplies.
- Support the Studio X Supervisor by assiating with the training, supervision, and scheduling of X-pert volunteers.
- Work collaboratively across Fleet teams for the development of activities and investigations, program ideas, and special projects.
- Implement programming and activities for special events and other weekend programs.
- Be knowledgeable of safety and emergency procedures and keep supervisor informed of safety concerns.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.