Provides administrative support for the Director of Workplace Campaigns, four Corporate Engagement Managers, and the Volunteer Initiative team. In addition to Microsoft Office suite work, filing and scheduling, United Ways administrative assistant performs duties such as coordination of meetings and conferences, database data entry and management, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers correspondence and assembles confidential and sensitive information. Works with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the Director of Workplace Campaigns, Corporate Engagement Managers and Volunteer Initiatives team.
- Completes and submits individual pledge forms and any additional action items to fulfill a donors investment.
- Coordinates processing of campaign results for national accounts division and keeps track of overall fundraising campaign progress for donor relations staff.
- Organizes and prioritizes projects.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as department liaison at the request of the Director of Workplace Campaigns, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, database entry and management, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Types and designs general correspondences, letters, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Creates Excel spreadsheet reports, downloading and printing reports off the database system.
- Researches existing and potential donors through internet sources.
- Individual program registration set-up and coordination.
- Maintains and updates organizations database and individual files for staffs division(s).