Title: Personal Banker II Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Pepperell Branch Location: Pepperell, MA
Hours: Week 1 – Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm; Week 2 – Monday through Thursday 7:45am – 4:30pm; Friday 7:45am – 6:30pm; Saturday 7:45am – 12:30pm with a day off during the week.
SUMMARY: As a member of the Retail Branch team, and reporting to the Assistant Manager /Branch Manager, the
Personal Banker II is Main Street Bank’s experienced level Personal Banker. The Personal Banker II is responsible
for handling all types of customer service transactions, including those more complex in nature and may also
work on the branch teller line. The Personal Banker II is also responsible for directing customers to other
departments when conducting non-teller transactions. The Personal Banker II may assist with branch/retail
projects that affect the department and the bank. They also embrace the established sales and
service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers more complex customer questions in person, via telephone or mail and provides information on bank products and services.
- Cross sells bank products, recommending appropriate products and services to fill customer needs
- Analyzes basic customer inquiries and complaints and refers problem situations to the appropriate officials as necessary.
- Answers telephone inquiries and questions regarding activity, balances, etc.
- Continually updates knowledge of bank products through seminars and courses.
- Handles all customer transactions including the more complex, applicable to the position including but not limited to CSR transactions and teller transactions.
- Maintains and balances at the end of the day.
- Operates within defined bank security procedures as to cash levels, check cashing and processing of transactions.
- Works a Customer Service desk, a lobby window or the drive-up as assigned.
- Maintains work area for efficient services and cleanliness
- Attends staff meetings, training, or other sessions as designated or recommended by member of management.
- Assists with random monthly cash drawer audits and alarm testing in accordance with the Branch Manager monthly report.
- Opens all types of deposit accounts, including retirement products and safe deposit boxes, determining needed documentation; follows up to ensure that it is received and properly filed.
- Handles customer problems and complaints in a professional and timely manner and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
- Directs consumer loan requests, maintaining a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s consumer loan products, to appropriate branch personnel.
- Occasional participation in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- Occasionally travel locally for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e.training, business calls, networking, community/marketing events).
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service as well as occasionally participating in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Other duties as assigned
- Shares responsibility for achieving branch goals.
- Participates in Branch activities that generate new business such as promoting branch sales culture and special promotional events.
- Occasionally represent the financial institution in before/after hours and/or weekend networking and community service events.
- Consistently exceeds customer service expectations by offering excellent service, including greeting customers, smiling, using their name and building rapport with customers designed to generate customer loyalty.
- Maintains a solid knowledge of Bank’s deposit and loan products as well as additional services offered.
- Provides counsel to existing and potential customers regarding product and/or service selection.
- Evaluates customer problems and complaints and resolves them to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists customers with account opening and maintenance
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Interacts independently with line tellers and members of the community to conduct banking needs; resolves customer issues as needed.
- Work is routine and relies on prior directly related experience and specific bank policies, and sales programs.
- Work is supervised, and role is relied upon to provide subject matter content within the organization.
- High School diploma or equivalent, banking courses and/or related work experience
- Three plus years’ experience in a financial institution
- Advanced product knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products and the Internet
- Means and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed on an occasional basis.
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment
- May be required to
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems.
LANGUAGE/COGNITIVE SKILLS: The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, about banking products, their bank accounts & transactions and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety documents such as checks, bank statements and Loan documents and Bank policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. cash drawer, coin)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Regularly move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. coverage, training).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.