Health Care Access Now Overview:
Health Care Access Now (HCAN) is a nonprofit organization established in October 2008 to provide management support and shared services for community health centers, hospitals and social service agencies.
- Ensure that referrals to the HUB are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals. Data entry and tracking through a software product. .
- Maintain communication with United Way 211 to ensure timely disposition of referrals to designated service providers.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including but not limited to patient demographic and current insurance information.
- Contact referral organizations and insurance companies to confirm enrollment.
- Review details and expectations about the referral with Care Coordination Agency.
- Identify and compile cultural and community resources for Hub. Ensure Community Care Coordinators and their agencies have access to the information. Maintain updates for community resource directory that is shared among the Care Coordination Agencies.
- Assist with monitoring and distributing Emergency Department alerts or other notifications from relevant parties.
- Conduct follow-up phone calls with medical providers and consumers regarding birth outcomes for women who receive Pregnancy Care Coordination Services.
- Assist with training and work with appropriate staff on resources across the region
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external customers seeking service and referral information
- Increase public awareness by representing the agency at community events
- Work collaboratively with Hub Coordinators at HCAN to ensure consistent work flow
- Other duties as assigned