Level 2 Fleet Mechanic will be responsible for performing vehicle and equipment maintenance, repair, and replacement on all ministry vehicles. Included in ministry vehicles is golf carts, passenger vehicles, light and medium duty trucks and related equipment. Knowledge of gas and diesel systems is required. This position provides spiritual, personal and professional growth.
Requires the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and perform repairs including engine, transmission, chassis electrical, suspension, heating, and cooling systems. Able to tear down and rebuild parts and systems as needed.
- Review maintenance requests and execute or delegate as required.
- Coordinate with team members to complete assignments.
- Train team members to ensure thorough knowledge of systems and required maintenance.
- Document all work in FMX.
- Operates all tools in a safe manner and returns all tools to their proper place.
- Keeps shop area clean and neat.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to supervisor.
- Understands and complies with safety regulations such as OSHA and hazardous waste disposal.