The Catering & Culinary Operations Specialist will assist the Executive Chef with catering functions related to the successful planning and execution of meetings, events and conferences and with the improvement of the efficiency of culinary operations for Answers in Genesis at the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about serving others. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development while having fun along the way.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Demonstrate our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) in all work.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset.
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments.
- Deliver exceptional guest service & hospitality to all event guests and day guests of the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum by creating an exceptional dining experience.
- Set up catering spaces and serving stations with linens, food, beverages and supplies needed for the events of each day. Install and maintain food & beverage labels and signage.
- Prepare and cook food in accordance with menus and recipe standards.
- Prepare, store and serve foods quickly and safely based on NKY Health Dept Standards and National ServeSafe Program.
- Give utmost attention to food presentation to ensure a high-quality guest experience while ensuring that safety and hygienic operations of the cooking and serving areas.
- Serve, rotate and replenish buffet menu items, appetizer & dessert tables and beverage stations.
- Maintain cleanliness of food & beverage service areas, serving utensils and equipment.
- Clean and reset tables, chairs and floors throughout event dining areas.
- Clean and sanitize work areas at the end of each event leaving kitchen supplies in clean working order.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the researching of pricing, availability and delivery options for food & beverage products and catering services utilized for catered events and restaurant operations.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing menus and Banquet Event Orders for potential and upcoming events.
- Assist the Executive Chef in planning food production schedules and staffing plans for upcoming events.
- Maintain and service Green Room Kitchen food and beverage offerings.
- Assist in operations in the Culinary department during non-event times.
- Plan and carry-out the rotation of date-sensitive inventory and regular cleaning schedules.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.