Minimum of an Associates degree in behavioral health and at least two (2) years experience in related field preferred with clients with co-occurring disorders; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of basic counseling skills, crisis intervention and documentation.
- Understanding of the physical, psychological, social and economic effects of substance abuse, homelessness, medical and mental health disorders.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding client confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships with clients, colleagues and supervisors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to project a professional image.
Incumbents may be encouraged to secure professional certification (e.g. CAC and/or SCCD).
Valid CT driver's license required.
Recovery Network of Programs, Inc.
2 Trap Falls Rd. Suite 405, Shelton, CT 06484
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.