What we do
At Terabase Energy, we believe that digitalization and automation will drive the next wave of innovation and cost reduction in large scale solar. To fully unlock the potential of this opportunity, Terabase is developing an interconnected software and construction automation platform. We work alongside project developers, owners, and engineering & construction firms to support the design, optimization, and construction of huge solar projects around the world. Our team is a blend of solar-industry veterans and newbies, thought-leaders, dreamers, software, electrical and mechanical engineers, coders, product managers, project managers, and sales and marketing professionals. We are based in Northern California, with several other offices in the United States and around the world. If all of this piques your interest, wed love to hear from you!
Terabases Performance and Modeling Engineer is a member of the software product research & development team reporting to the Product Director of PlantPredict (David Spieldenner). As a member of this team you will work, learn, and grow in Terabases unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. Successful candidates will be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, problem solving, pro-activity, collaboration, operating in a dynamic environment and dedicated to the mission of accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy by utilizing digital and automation technology to further reduce the cost of utility-scale solar.
- Work closely with the Product Director of Plant Predict and act as the technical Subject Matter Expert to the Plant Predict development team
- Develop and parametrize models that quantitatively describe performance mechanisms of solar PV power plants and storage
- Benchmarking and testing of these models against field data and competitive software
- Root cause analysis and rectification of faulty code and calculation methods
- Communicate with and support users of Plant Predict
- Participate and represent Terabase in the global performance modeling community to stay on top of the latest developments