A System Engineer is responsible for all core servers on and off premises. This individual ensures that servers are running efficiently by monitoring resource usage.
The System Engineer works closely with the Network Engineer to ensure high availability, security and uptime of core resources and networks. This person also implements change management to install/configure new services to meet current and future hospital needs.
System Engineer should have excellent communication (written and oral) skills. They should be able to think analytically and be adept at problem-solving.
System Engineer must also be ready to work flexible hours and be available to work a rotating after-hours call schedule.
- Operates and configures the core server infrastructure
- Collaborate on server and network infrastructure goals
- Maintain a security focused approach to data handling
- Carrying out daily backup and recovery functions as needed
- Performing upgrade and maintenance tasks on hardware and software
- Assist in the integration of new systems into the existing SHC infrastructure
- Work with the IT team to design and deploy secure server processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues on servers and other related devices
- Collaborates across teams and departments to resolve issues and engage in process improvement
- Keep detailed records of all server related items including but not limited to server names, locations, IP addresses etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.67 - $43.90 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance