The job of the Intelligence Agent is to assist the Rimôn attorneys in support of various client matters. The Intelligence Agent works with the Director of Intelligence to conduct intelligence harvests and analyzes the intelligence. Unlike a law clerk or Paralegal, the Agent’s role is more investigatory, creating Actionable Intelligence to support the attorney and client’s objectives.
• Conduct initial basic sniff/smell test on possible new clients
• Conduct initial basic sniff/smell test on possible targets of investigations
• Interview clients as well as adversarial parties that aren’t represented.
• Locate and interview witnesses at the direction of the attorney
• Assist with field investigations possibly involving interviews and static/ moving surveillance
• Perform extensive background investigations using internal, library, and online searches, including social media, proprietary databases, and open-source intelligence.
• Attend and perform document reviews to identify relevant and useful documents pursuant to subpoenas and voluntarily supplied documents
• Attend meetings with the legal team
• Ability to manage confidential information and multiple tasks.
• Stay current on, apply, and enforce laws impacting investigators
• Ability to work under pressure due to time and content-sensitive deadlines
• Strong computer and communication skills
• Experience with legal research and interview skills and techniques is preferred
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to establish and foster working relationships with attorneys, investigators, paralegals, and legal assistants
• Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze and problem-solve
• Prior work experience in investigations and/or litigation is strongly desired
• Familiarity with web-based investigative databases
• ACFE membership a plus but not required
• Bachelor’s degree, Program Certification (i.e., Fraud Examiner or Criminal Justice), or successful completion of law enforcement academy, with one year of job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Monday – Friday primarily, but some weekends are included due to deadlines or investigations that are fluid.
• Some travel required
• Strictly comply with rules regarding the attorney-client privilege.
• Strictly comply with Rules of Ethics for attorneys