The New York office of Norris McLaughlin P.A. has an opening for an IP litigation associate. The candidates should have 4-6 years’ experience in commercial litigation and IP litigation matters, particularly trademark litigation. The position provides the opportunity to work both independently and as part of our strong intellectual property team.
- Prepare clearance opinions, prosecute trademark and copyright applications
- Prepare coexistence and license agreements
- Assist in federal court litigations with research, motion practice including drafting briefs and in depositions and trial.
- Experience with opposition and cancellation proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Excellent researching skills
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Must be bar admitted in the state New York
- Must have New York State court experience
NM provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities in a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicated federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.