Mountain View Hospital is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team!
Mountain View Hospital and our 29 affiliate clinics are committed to providing compassionate, cutting edge care to our patients. We serve the entire Snake River Valley – all the way from Pocatello to Rexburg. Our medical capabilities span everything from wound care to urgent care, oncology to neurology, physical therapy to speech therapy, a Level III NICU, robust robotic surgery department and a continuously expanding rural health practice.
Our work environment is mission driven, people-centric and supportive. It is what sets apart and makes people excited to come to work each day. If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference in your community, we invite you to apply.
Taking care for our community starts with taking care of our own team. Mountain View Hospital is proud to offer its employees competitive and comprehensive benefit packages. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holidays and sick days) and Medical Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans (401K with up to 6% match)
- Earned Quarterly Bonus Program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Discount for medically necessary procedures performed at Mountain View Hospital and Idaho Falls Community Hospital
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Collaborative and Supportive Work Environment
Please note benefits are based on eligibility according to full-time, part-time or PRN status classification.
JOB SUMMARY: Medical Provider, Assesses, Diagnoses, Plans, Implements treatments, and evaluates: Walk in patients, Imaging patients, and assists / collaborates with, and refers to, Internal Medicine when needed. Supervises and performs, when necessary, utilization review in accordance with all state and federal mandated regulations in order to evaluate the necessity, appropriateness and efficiency of medical services provided. Maintains compliancy with regulation changes, ensures cost effective and appropriate health care services are provided to all patients regardless of funding. Supervises Utilization Review, Case Management, and Social Services staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Hospitals Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse Practitioner
1. Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements treatments, and evaluates clients with acute and chronic medical and mental health issues and minor injuries, by applying current evidence-based research findings relevant to the advanced nursing practice role.
2. Re-evaluates and provides follow-up care as necessary.
3. Performs office procedures consistent with medical staff privileges granted (minor laceration repair, biopsies, cyst or toenail excisions, nail trephination, incision and drainage, etc…).
4. Orders, collects, performs, and interprets laboratory, radiological, and other diagnostic tests.
5. Prescribes and dispenses pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic agents pursuant to applicable state and federal laws.
6. Assumes responsibility and accountability for health promotion and maintenance.
7. Uses advanced practice knowledge and skills in teaching and guiding clients, families, and other health care team members.
8. Recognizes his/her limits of knowledge and experience and shall consult and collaborate with and refer to other health care professionals as appropriate.
9. Evaluates and provides appropriate stabilization for patients with acute serious medical conditions or injuries and facilitates transfer, as appropriate, to an emergency facility or an appropriate level of hospitalization.
10. Manages the clients’ care in a timely manner and maintains level of productivity.
11. Interacts with staff of other departments as part of the patient care process.
12. Performs required quality assurance steps in the patient care process.
13. Thoroughly and accurately documents every client encounter.
14. Bills appropriately for each client care encounter.
15. Interfaces, as appropriate and necessary, with other providers and medical personnel within and outside of Mountain View Hospital, whenever necessary, to ensure quality client care.
16. Interacts with insurers, adjusters, case managers, and other entities as necessary.
17. Performs other duties as necessary/assigned.
18. Institute and annually update Utilization Review Plan.
19. Participate in the Utilization Review Committee.
20. Acts as Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Liaison.
21. Supervises Utilization Review and Case Management to ensure compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines.
22. Supervises the arrangement of appropriate services for the client, both during the patients stay and after discharge, utilizing all resources.
23. Supervise the justification of pre-admission, admission and continued stays per InterQual criteria, by utilizing the InterQual and discharge criteria for all payer