This person is responsible for the investigation and analysis of agricultural credit risks. Resolving more complex credit problems, and making decisions regarding credit extension. Develop and maintain financial background information on present and prospective customers and develops credit studies for loan officers and committees.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparing basis, and comprehensive credit analysis on agricultural loans that facilitate the credit approval process for making lending decisions regarding new, renewal and extension loans greater than $250k.
- Analyze the most complex agricultural credits which exceed $1.5 million in credit exposure. (Analyzing factors such as income growth, margin, trends, quality of management, market shares, industry risk, collateral assessment, and stress testing).
- Prepare cash flow projections for operating cycles.
- Participate in customer calls with Commercial Lenders to assess new business opportunities.
- Participate in deal discussion meetings with lending personnel, market managers and appropriate credit officers.
- Work with lending personnel, market presidents and appropriate credit officers to underwrite and structure agricultural loan transactions.
- Consult with lenders and customers to complete monthly cattle equity reports, and track cattle purchases and implementations of price protection strategies of these cattle when required by bank policy.
- Managing underwriting pipeline of new and renewal requests from agricultural clients.
- Consult to market personnel in navigation of the agricultural underwriting process, as well as interpretation of loan policy.
- Work with FSA lending offices to ensure bank compliance with customers.
- Work with local and state FSA lending offices to utilize both participation loan products and guaranteed loan products and complete required applications, annual reviews, concurrence requests, participation letters and other compliance reporting to ensure bank compliance of all FSA loans.