- 6 years professional experience.
- A passion for design and the skillset to work in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.
- Exemplary project management skills…and the ability to own the gameplan from inception to fruition, while implementing processes & utilizing tools (such as Asana) to do so.
- An exceptional planning / forecasting skillset.
- A devotion to time management…and a sense of pride in being the team’s “deadline champion”.
- A meticulously, detail-oriented personality, as the devil’s in the details.
- A love for cross-functionality and willingness to lock arms with other stakeholders for the greater good.
- A confidence in effective communication (internally & externally).
- An obsession with teamwork is essential : giving credit where credit is due; celebrating teammates’ efforts & successes; and truly understanding that “the team only looks good, when EVERYone on the team looks good”.
- A “can-do” attitude…yet, the wherewithal to position things as, “We’re not saying NO, we’re merely suggesting that we look at this from a different angle”.
- An expertise in “brainstorming” and thinking outside the sandbox that we all play in.
- A core belief in brand ambassadorship…and that the entire organization should live, breathe, eat, sleep, and bleed the brand.
- Adept at social media strategy.
- An understanding of sponsorship sales & marketing, and a genuine belief in the value of revenue generation.
- A confidence & comfort in working with C-level stakeholders (both internally & externally).
- Talent for copywriting and / or scripting (on behalf of SONC, athletes, talent, corporate partners, etc.).
- Training in CRM strategy / email marketing (preferably utilizing Salesforce / Pardot).
- An interest in photography and the ability to art direct.
- An understanding of video production / editing and familiarity with programs such as Adobe Premier Pro, etc.
- An itch to generate buzz in the press, and a natural-born instinct to story tell.
- A talent in building marketing events from the ground up, all while representing and promoting the SONC brand.
- Leadership characteristics, experience, and standards.
- A belief in the power of sports.
- A true love for Northern California.
- A genuine passion for changing lives, and a fundamental belief in the joy that SONC breeds.
We offer an inclusive, casual work environment. This position does require some local/regional travel and occasionally evening/weekend work.
Benefits include, but are not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) retirement plan, life and long-term disability insurance, vacation, sick and personal days, federal holidays, and a paid winter break.
Special Olympics Northern California and Nevada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with diverse backgrounds.