ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and lead age-appropriate soccer training sessions for young players.
- Implement sessions according to MYS curriculum and standards.
- Maintain a positive and supportive youth soccer environment that cultivates a lifelong passion for the game.
- Communicate with volunteer coaches about player progress and managing the training and game environments.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS REQUIREMENT
Preferred qualifications and experience for the Recreation Trainer position includes:
- Experience playing and/or coaching soccer.
- Strong communication skills and leadership experience.
- Passion for working with young athletes and helping them develop a foundation of skill and enjoyment in the sport.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with players of various ages and skill levels.
- USSF Grassroots (4v4, 7v7) Coaching Licenses or higher required.
- SafeSport Certification and background check required.
- First aid and CPR certification preferred.
Working Hours: Part-time, flexible hours based on schedule,
Compensation: Starting salary $30 an hour. Varies based on experience and certification.