Minimum Education and Experience
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- 10 years of relevant, complex legal and business experience in real estate development, preferably in the homebuilding industry.
- Experience with condominiums and ground lease and/or shared equity ownership structures preferred.
- Familiarity with the Washington State Common Interest Ownership Act.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong passion for the organization’s mission.
- Ability to stay curious, collaborate with Habitat team and public funders, and see obstacles as opportunities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with great energy and persistence.
- Experience working with diverse constituencies.
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and produce high quality results quickly and on time.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to quickly develop working relationships and exceptional communication skills.
- Creative with ability to maneuver through complex legal situations effectively.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Calm and pleasant demeanor when working with a wide variety of groups or individuals.
- Ability to organize work and time efficiently and effectively, multiple, and conflicting priorities and work independently. Ability to work in an office with frequent interruptions. Must be a self-starter and work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with differing priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Habitat staff and affiliate volunteers, Board of Directors, and key committees
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present complex information to leaders, board of directors and other parties. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, the public and/or board of directors.
Math Skills: Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to understand and manage risk.
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email. Proficiency with computer usage, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Lift/carry up to 15 pounds with or without assistance.
- The noise in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light foot traffic.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and must be able to read. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Extensive keyboarding is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
- Admitted to the Washington State Bar Association and in good standing.