SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE
ELIGIBLE FOR SIGNING BONUS ! !
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to join our SAFE team in Los Angeles.
WHO WE ARE
We are the nation’s largest legal and civil rights organization for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (AANHPI). Our mission is to advocate for civil rights, provide legal services and education, and build coalitions to positively influence and impact Asian Pacific Americans and to create a more equitable and harmonious society. We serve more than 15,000 individuals and organizations every year, focusing on the most vulnerable members of Asian American and NHPI communities while also building a strong voice for civil rights and social justice. With our Advancing Justice affiliates in Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C., we enrich, enhance, and serve our communities all across the country.
The Survivor and Family Empowerment (“SAFE”) Project assists low-income and limited-English speaking survivors of domestic violence with family law services, immigrant survivors of domestic violence and their children are vulnerable to abuse because of language issues, lack of financial resources, fear of authority and law enforcement, and unfamiliarity with the American legal system.
SAFE bilingual legal advocates focus on providing legal assistance including drafting legal documents and legal representation in courts to domestic violence survivors with family law and immigration issues. The assistance include obtaining restraining orders, child custody and support orders, divorce and paternity cases. SAFE also assists survivors gain legal status without relying on their abuser through the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) or the U-Visa, designed to help victims of crime. SAFE provides monthly legal clinics and seminar/webinar to provide community education and services.
WHAT WE BRING
- The special opportunity to join a mission driven team
- Flexible, hybrid work schedules
- Rich medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement options through 403B and match
- Referral and Signing bonuses
WHO YOU ARE
You share our mission of advocacy for Asian Pacific Americans. You enjoy the thrill of serving the public interest while championing civil rights and social justice. You take pride in your work enriching lives and communities in Los Angeles and across the country. You are looking for your next role in an organization that supports your career as much as you support the organization and its goals. You are looking for a job where you make a difference, and your impact is directly proportional to your contribution. You are a game changer. You are a leader. You are an advocate.
WHAT YOU BRING
- J.D. and must be an active member of the California State Bar
- Minimum of four (4) years of direct experience in DV, Poverty Law, and/or Family Law
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervision
- Bilingual or biliterate in at least one Asian language strongly preferred (Chinese, Korean, Thai, Tagalog, or Vietnamese)
- Dedication to serving immigrant communities and a sincere commitment to working on behalf of low-income immigrants
- Valid driver's license and/or access to alternative means of transportation