The Organ Recovery Coordinator (ORC) position involves the fulfillment of both on-call responsibilities and office time related to identification, evaluation, management, and coordination of donor activity.
This position has 4 career levels, with increased knowledge required at each level. All applicants are hired at a Level I or II position. Those with more experience can advance the levels faster while meeting the goals of each level. Applicants with all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
Experience that translates well into this role: The Organ Procurement Industry is unique, so we offer a comprehensive orientation program to ensure employees are prepared for all aspects of the job requirements. Generally, we find that people with experience in the following positions or industries can be successful in this position: Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (ICU RN), Emergency Room RN, O.R. RN, Flight Nurse and Paramedic, Code Nurse, Rapid Response team member, Charge RN, House Supervisor, Cardiac Cath Lab, NICU, PICU, SICU, MICU, SDU or PCU, PACU, Nurse Practitioner (ARNP), and Physician Assistant (PA).
What you will do:
- Work a 24 hour on call schedule
- Travel by personal automobile, commercial or chartered aircraft throughout LifeCenter’s donation service area which includes Alaska, Montana, Northern Idaho, and Washington
- Provide rapid on-site response
- Coordinates donation process from ICU through OR
- Organ donor management/hemodynamic support
- Ensures effective communication and strong collaboration with donor families, hospital personnel, physicians, related donation agencies, and other LifeCenter staff.
- Interact with transplant centers to coordinate the match of organ donor to the recipient (organ allocation)
- Provides support to potential donor families
What you need:
- 2 years experience of acute care experience
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- The ability to meet schedule and travel requirements