- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Disabilities, Health Services, Social Work, or related field required
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Prior management experience required.
- 3+ years experience in the provision of rehabilitation services preferred.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma or comparable process improvement discipline.
- Previous experience working with individuals with vision loss desired.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-Starter with superior organizational skills; ability to multitask, adapt to change, pay attention to detail, produce accurate work products and prioritize effectively.
- Strong managerial and team-building skills and demonstrated ability to motivate and empower direct and indirect reports
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting, fiscal management, data analysis, and business operations
- Expert level knowledge and expertise in utilizing client database systems
- Excellent time management skills, resourcefulness, and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in a dynamic environment and deliver results
- Effective management and leadership skills, ability to adjust to and manage change
- Experience with Traction/EOS preferred.
- Ability to solve a variety of complex problems and choose the best solution from several possible outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Exhibit professional maturity, judgment, and objectivity.
- Capable of working with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Ability to remain in a normal seated position regularly
- Repetitive motion/use of hands for fine manipulation on a computer
- Ability to move about independently, with occasional prolonged standing and occasional outdoor exposure at events
- Ability to move and lift items usually ranging up to 25 lbs
- Occasional travel is required.
- Pass Level II background check.
For employees living with visual impairments, you must provide documentation from a physician of legal blindness. Legal blindness is defined as: "Central visual acuity does not exceed 20/200 in the better eye with correcting lenses OR whose visual acuity, if better than 20/200, is accompanied by a limit to the field of vision in the better eye to such a degree that its widest diameter subtends an angle no greater than 20 degrees." These conditions are based on the federal Javits-Wagner-O'Day work program for legally blind individuals.
The employment policy of Lighthouse Central Florida and Lighthouse Works is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has committed to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. Lighthouse Central Florida and Lighthouse Works will recruit, hire, train, and promote qualified individuals in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, and veteran status, or disability.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and primary duties have been included. Requirements, skills, and abilities have been determined to be the minimal standards required to perform the positions successfully. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and conditions may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The Americans with Disabilities Act may modify requirements to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made that may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or impose undue hardships on the organization.