Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as residential construction project manager or equivalent experience.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Understanding of construction management processes.
- Good driving record, valid drivers license and vehicle to travel to construction sites.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Work week is Monday to Friday or other 5-day arrangement as fits needs of organization, with occasional meetings and events on Saturdays and evening
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Regularly sit / work at computer for extended periods of time
- Navigate building construction sites with exposure to normal weather conditions and hazards
Preferred education / certification:
- BSc/BA degree in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field is preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to effectively represent the affiliate within the organization and to external partners and businesses. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from agencies, or the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, the public and/or board of directors.
Math Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts related to residential construction such as quantity, costs, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills, software, spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, and email. Proficiency with computer usage, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and must be able to read. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Extensive keyboarding is required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light foot traffic.
The employee needs the mobility (with or without accommodation) to navigate construction building sites safely, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, and near moving mechanical parts. The noise level at the construction sites may be loud, due to machinery, power tools and construction activities.
Benefits package to include generous vacation/sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long term disability, life insurance.