Provides service to customers and their accounts, cross-selling bank products, and complying with bank operations. Coaches teller team to meet banks mission.
- Coaches teller staff by providing training and holding teller meetings.
- Provides over rides for tellers and assists in training new tellers.
- May be responsible for scheduling of tellers as well as providing performance reviews.
- May participate in the hiring, disciplinary, and termination processes by making appropriate recommendations.
- May be responsible for receptionist duties.
- May be responsible for proof operations.
- May be responsible for serving as or supervising the Power Saver Coordinator.
- Wiling to be the branch go to regarding FCB Travel and coordinate branch customer activities.
Balancing cash drawer: 25%
- Reconciles cash drawer by providing cash transactions; counting and packaging currency and coins, reconciling loan coupons and other transactions, turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to lead teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency.
- May be responsible to balance and maintain vault, ATM and/or coin machines.
- May be responsible for ordering cash for location.
- Serves as back up to Teller Manager.
Paying and receiving items: 25%
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashing checks; issuing savings withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits; selling cashiers checks, money orders, travelers checks, savings bonds; answering questions in person or on the telephone; referring to other bank services.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries; informing customers of new services and product promotions; ascertaining customers needs; assisting in opening new accounts and directing customers to a branch representative.
Other duties: 15%
- Records transaction by logging cashiers checks, money orders, pre-loaded cards and other special services; preparing currency transaction reporting information; recording and filing cashed savings bonds.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions and regulatory compliance; maintaining customer traffic surveys; auditing other tellers currency; assisting in certification of proof.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts; taking orders for checks, providing special statements, copies; completing safe deposit box procedures; changing PIN numbers.
- May be asked to assist in keying/calling back of new accounts and miscellaneous maintenance of accounts.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Attends mandatory compliance and security sessions. Monitors daily work for adherence to compliance and security regulations, policies/procedures, and promptly corrects any deficiencies.
*** % is based on average of all positions; some %s may vary dependent upon the location
- Exhibits the action of taking the first step such as originating new ideas or ability to think and act without being asked.
- Works together with a group of people to coordinate and help each other in daily tasks.
- Prepares, instructs, develops, and provides feedback to help others perform in their job.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Exhibits customer focus, acknowledges & listens to customer, and provides friendly, courteous, and efficient service.
Attention to Detail/Accuracy:
- Is careful, exact, and free from mistakes and errors. Adheres closely to a set of standards.
Verbal/Written Communication Skills:
- Provides information to customers outside the organization, supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates clearly and concisely in writing, by telephone, or through e-mail.
- Identifies specific business and personal career goals, plus a process to review accomplishment of goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of strengths/opportunities for improvement.