Assists with compliance for the bank offices by monitoring and enforcing policies and recommending actions. Assists in the development, coordination, and training of all bank aspects of compliance ensuring policies and procedures comply with the appropriate laws and regulations, which will also include the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Compliance Administration 95%
- Conducts and completes compliance monitoring reviews as directed by management.
- Selects, samples, and reviews loan and deposit documentation and procedures.
- Verifies accuracy of all adverse action notices and real estate mortgage files.
- Ensures all required lobby notices are current and displayed.
- Reviews forms, brochures, notices, advertising materials and internal policies and procedures are prepared reviewed and updated per Compliance applicable rules.
- Draft review reports from workpaper documentation. Reports will include statistical summaries of the sample size compared to the universe of the transactions, a listing and narrative of all deficiencies which violate laws and regulation.
- Present reports of reviews findings, detailing any irregularities or exceptions to the Compliance Officer for the final review prior to submission to appropriate management and executive management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews to verify compliance corrections are performed.
- Attends training sessions annually, or more frequently as needed, to keep skills current with changes in the compliance environment.
- Conducts additional compliance procedures as assigned from time to time.
- Assist in planning compliance training sessions including documentation, learning aids, examples, tests, etc. This may include Real Estate mortgage compliance training, BBA training, staff training, etc.
- Be available as a resource to employees for various compliance questions as to policy, regulations, etc. Train new employees and conducts refresher for current employees. Distributes compliance information as laws change. Provide support for the Compliance Officer as needed for these situations.
- Maintain and review consumer Compliance workpapers and report as necessary. Develop and maintain workpaper standards for review personnel to follow.
- Recommend solutions for areas in need of strengthening found by reviews, such as additional training and operating system changes that include supervision and control checks.
- Study regulatory compliance issues and stay current on the subject.
- Assists the Bank Secrecy Act officer with duties
- Maintains customer exemption list.
- Review OFAC database
- Ensures General Compliance with regulatory standards by studying existing and new state and federal legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising and training staff and other personnel on needed remedial action. The applicable state and federal laws and regulations to be monitored and adhered to include, but are not limited to:
Advertising Regulations Q, DD, and Z; Bank Bribery Act; Bank Protection Act; Bank Secrecy Act Large Currency Transaction Reporting and Suspicious Activity Report; Community Reinvestment Act; Fair Credit Reporting Act (FACT); Home Ownership Equity Protection Act (HOEPA); Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; Fair Housing Act Fair Housing Regulation; Flood Disaster Protection Act; Office of Foreign Asset Control; Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act; Regulation B - Equal Credit Opportunity Act; Regulation C - Home Mortgage Disclosure Act; Regulation D - Reserve Requirements; Regulation E - Electronic Funds Transfer Act; Regulation G - Disclosure & Reporting of CRA-Related Agreements; Regulation O - Loans To Insiders; GLB act Privacy of Consumer Financial Information; Regulation Q Prohibition Against Payment of Interest on Demand Deposits; Regulation Z - Truth In Lending Act; Regulation AA - Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices Regulation BB - Community Reinvestment Act; Regulation CC - Expedited Funds Availability Act; Regulation DD Truth in Savings; Right to Financial Privacy Law; U.S.A. Patriot Act; Regulation GG: Red Flags Identity theft Prevention Program Safe Act Service Members Civil Rights Act Military Lending Act.
- Assists in Business development efforts throughout the bank.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing
professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related goals, as needed.
- Participates in civic and community activities to generate visibility and contact for the bank.
- Attends mandatory compliance sessions. Monitors daily work for adherence to compliance regulations, policies/procedures, and promptly corrects any deficiencies.
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Obtains information from relevant sources and compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits or verifies information or data.
- Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards.
Analyzing Data or Information
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Provides information to customers outside the organization, supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates clearly and concisely in writing, by telephone or through e-mail.
Attention to Detail/Accuracy
- Is careful, exact, and free from mistakes and errors. Adheres closely to a set of standards.
- Develops constructive & cooperative working relationships with others and maintains them over time.
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
Interpretation of Information to Others
- Translates or explains what information means and how it can be used.
- Work is performed primarily indoors in an office setting.
- Remote work may be available upon supervisor approval.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Position accountabilities are typically performed while sitting for most of the day. The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential position accountabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential position and accountabilities. First Citizens Bank reserves the right to review each requested accommodation and determine if it poses an undue hardship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or related field preferred
- Three years of banking experience.
- Knowledge of word processing software and the layout and functions of the computer keyboard and ten key adding machine; skill of using the touch system to perform data input.
- Skill in working with the public, presenting a professional image of the bank, and servicing prospective and current customer inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Knowledge of current compliance related issues plus new and updated federal and state banking regulations.
- Written and oral communication skills and including the ability to make presentations.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem awareness.
- Organization, planning/goal setting and follow through.