QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ethical, dependable, honest and trustworthy
- Customer service experience
- Working knowledge of the machinery and tools used in landscape maintenance processes
- Strong attention to detail, initiative and organization
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments
- Excellent communication
- Valid Driver License required
- Experience identifying locally used plant material, especially annuals
- Experience in horticulture field of work and/or study
- Experience driving truck and trailer a plus
- Available to work Monday – Saturday with flexible work hours
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to talk, see and hear with or without reasonable accommodations
- Constant walking, bending, carrying, lifting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- JOB ENVIRONMENT:
This job is mainly performed outdoors. There are temperature extremes that range from very hot and humid in the summer months to much cooler in the winter. There is some exposure to fumes, chemicals, fertilizers, dirt, dust, pollen, seeds, noise and water. It is necessary to be in good physical shape, enjoy high amounts of physical labor and be able to work in all-weather elements. This job requires mostly standing and walking, there is also an equal amount of handling large amounts of plant material and equipment. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. Restroom facilities not available on job site.
Berns Greenhouse and Garden Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.