Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees construction schedule for WEST Coast operations, assists with Project Management and efficiencies
- Heavily involved in project scheduling, logistics, dispatching crews
- Accountable for monthly budgets and goals
- Reports progress to management on a consistent basis – via reports and scheduled meetings.
- Maintains close relationships with company’s existing installers and subcontractors
- Develops subcontractor relationships, assures enough sub partnerships to supplement company crews and meet scheduling demands.
- Must have the ability to work with construction crews
- Constantly communicating with customers regarding projects specifics, change orders, warranties, etc.
- Works closely with project managers to ensure that schedule is adhered to.
- Works closely with sales team and estimator(s) regarding current and/or upcoming projects as well as scope and budgets.
- Assures budgeted and installed margins are following corporate objectives
- Holds team accountable for proper installation methods of all product offerings
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor
Competencies (check all that apply)
☒ Analytical Decision-Making
☒ Learning & Development
☒ Planning & Organizing
☒ Professionalism & Integrity
☒ Financial Management
☒ Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
☒ Teamwork & Relationship-Building
☒ Results Orientation
☒ Managing Others
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in field.
- 5+ years of experience project management, preferably in the construction industry. Specifically within playground surfacing, recreation, sports flooring and/or flat work
Travel is required to the different surfacing divisions for the purpose of evaluating, assisting and implementing better business practices. Regional Director of Construction should expect to travel on a monthly basis, for a few days at a time. 15-25%. Most time will be spent in California
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, construction plans, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience with Project Management software
- Experience working with General Contractors, Subcontractors
- Experience in Construction Industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the administrative duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
While out on a jobsite, employee must be able to be outside for extended periods of time. Have the ability to stand, kneel and bend down
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Use of PPE required where applicable
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.
PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.