Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field preferred. Related education and experience may be substituted. Minimum 2-5 years accounting and/or finance experience. Experience with retail, construction, non-profit organizations, or non-profit accounting, a plus.
- Experience with not-for-profit accounting.
- Energetic, self-motivated team player, able to see the big picture and maintain attention to detail.
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working on diverse projects under pressure.
- Aware and able to prioritize workload, targeting deadlines within the confines of working with a variety of people in all departments of the organization.
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently through verbal and/or written means.
- Maintains and regards all department information as highly confidential.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, grace under pressure a must.
- Dedication to the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Seattle - King County and willing to articulate this vision.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees.
Math Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, averages/medians and percentages/percentiles. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions. Provides solutions to individuals and company problems.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with computer usage especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with accounting software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and must be able to read. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Extensive keyboarding is required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light foot traffic.