Superior Recreational Products is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Generalist to join our team. The ideal candidate will need prior experience in Human Resources and recruitment, with a thorough understanding of policy and procedures. The bulk of the role will involve recruiting, employee orientations, benefits administration, compensation, rewards, and conflict resolution, but there is great opportunity for developing and refining systems. We are eager to find an HR Generalist who easily connects with people, has a detail-oriented mindset, and has the adaptability to support our diverse workforce. They must also embody our Play.Relax.Live culture and find unique solutions to problems that help create and sustain the culture we have built at SRP.
Supports Operating Units and functions within the company by providing human resources services, including, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, employee relations, completing personnel transactions and payroll system input.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the administration of benefits including medical, dental, life, vision, short-term disability insurance and 401(k) retirement savings plan including claims resolution.
- Assist in the administration of the compensation program; including research, market studies and trends.
- Administer performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Responsible for payroll HRIS entry including: Enter of new employees, EE changes of status, enter deductions for benefits, taxes, process direct deposits, identify and resolve discrepancies, etc.
- Handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts, evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment (i.e. records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations)
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing Ensures effective utilization of benefits and positive employee relations
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals, recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records (i.e. personnel files, separate safety, medical and Workers Comp, payroll, 401K, Insurance, COBRA, NetSuite etc.), compiles reports from database.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules;
- Conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and local area HR Association.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports
- Maintains 5S practices in his/hers work area including in equipment according to company procedures
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.