Education and/or Experience
- Engineering degree will receive highest consideration (BSME, BS MET, or Civil/structural background preferred), directly-related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Engineering / Design position
- Required: The applicant must have 2D and 3D modeling experience, with a minimum 500 hours plus using Solidworks. Pro-E, Microstation, AutoCAD or similar experience also helpful.
- Required: Experience in creating shop drawings, working with document libraries, knowledge of welding and metal fabrication. Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel is required.
- Must be “hands-on” willing to spend time in the manufacturing or prototyping areas
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of disciplines including factory workers, supervisors, managers and customer
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: roto-molded plastics design, New Product Development (research, design, specification, procurement, documentation), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), machine design
- Desired but not essential: ability to perform structural analyses on steel frame structures, familiarity with building codes, aluminum casting design, experience using a Product Data Management library and ERP system
Up to 25%
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be proficient in computer software for design work and layouts including Solid Works or another 3D design suite.
- Must be able to utilize computer software programs for creating reports, presentations, etc.
- Must be able to utilize 2-D and 3-D computer modeling techniques for new product design
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.
PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.