The Installation Supervisor provides on-site coordination for all phases of installation projects from start to finish, including coordinating subcontractors, customer’s, vendors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, work is proceeding on schedule and within budget, and safety is being strictly enforced. Supervisor is responsible for schedule, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Technical Skills and Job Specific Tasks:
- Coordinates and supervises all construction services, activities and personnel. Identifies and solves problems.
- Directs daily coordination of all TGW subcontractors and TGW staff to achieve completion of the project on schedule within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Communicate job information to proper personnel to allow for effective planning and execution of the project requirements.
- Maintains construction schedule, schedules subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion
- Orders materials and schedules inspections necessary throughout the installation process
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, general contractors, suppliers and other employees
- Manages labor hours, materials, equipment and subcontractors to ensure cost control
- Facilitates employee safety and ensures procedures are properly being followed striving with a goal of no accidents per calendar year
- Ensure all paperwork is properly completed, including daily reports, job startups, timecards, tool box talks and anything else specific per jobsite.
- Continual observance of construction activities, noting the correctness and overall quality of the work, the contract documents, and the refusal of sub-standard workmanship
- Provide timely communication with the project manager regarding progress, delays, changes, overages, etc.
- Site walk-through and planning for installation process
- Enforce safety onsite for all subcontractors and TGW employees and create a site specific plan.
- Day-to-day communication with clients and vendors regarding installation process
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Issues notice of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling
- Ensure the job site is kept in a clean and organized manner
- Check, monitor and respond to email throughout the day
- Fulfill daily and weekly safety inspection and reporting requirements. Ensures all on-site workers and company employees are adhering to the company and site specific (including customer's) safety policies
- 10 years in the industry of supervising projects
- Ability to lead team to complete given project
- ASRS experience in cranes and shuttles
- Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project)
- Autocad experience a plus
- Ability to work with numerous contractors as well as internal departments
- Strong organizational skills
- Creating and keeping deadlines
- Goal setting
- Team management
- Schedule development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills – focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
- Knowledge in the conveyor installation process
- Ability and willingness to strap on a tool belt and get hands dirty as the schedule or needs of the job dictate
- Familiarity in the controls aspect of material handling equipment
- Ability to conduct himself in a courteous, knowledgeable, and professional manner
- Read and interpret blueprint drawings, submittals and specifications.
- Travel 90% of time
- Completion of OSHA 30 hour training
- Trained in first aid
TGW is an equal opportunity employer.