Who We Are
Led by highly successful physician executives with a mission to improve health care quality for underserved populations, Rendr is a primary care driven multi-specialty medical group serving approximately 100,000 patients through its 40 locations in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens.
Rendr is a growing physician practice dedicated to serving the Chinese-American population throughout the New York metropolitan area. We bring together a group of world-class physicians with a proven executive leadership team and a robust care management platform to deliver the best care possible to this underserved population.
Rendr is a highly data-driven organization, and as we move forward, we are seeking the skills of a talented analyst to help manage our ever-increasing data needs. Our ideal candidate combines quantitative skills with a strong personal work-ethic and clear communication skills. This is a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving work environment, so candidates must be self-directed and able to manage themselves effectively to meet deadlines and deliver results. The ideal candidate will use their passion for big data and analytics to provide insights to the business covering a range of topics. They will be responsible for conducting both recurring and ad hoc analysis for business users.
The analyst in this position will work closely with executive leadership within the organization to analyze a wide variety of datasets across a number of topics, including:
- internal financial and utilization data
- clinical data and extracts from electronic medical records
- claims data files and clinical reports generated by insurance companies
In all cases, the analyst should be able to cleanly and accurately move from raw data files to results ready for discussion and presentation.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, economics, statistics, or other quantitative field preferred
- 2 - 5 years of professional work experience in addition to a minimum of 1 year experience in healthcare
- Healthcare/ insurance data related experience required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage complex tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with healthcare-specific datasets (clinical data, billing and collections data, payer claims data) and code-sets (ICD, HCPCS/CPT,LOINC)
- Experience in writing and interpreting SQL queries
- Familiarity with Python, R, SAS, STATA, or other statistics/data science software package