Must possess a Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). Note: All QMHP qualified positions in the state of Oregon will need to be filled by candidates who are officially QMHP certified through MHACBO. For more details, contact MHACBO (www.mhacbo.org)
Must be a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC).
Experience working with adults with co-occurring disorders and a history of involvement in the criminal justice system is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Able to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Understanding of trauma informed services
- Ability to implement recovery model, motivational interviewing, and stages of change
- Ability to operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Knowledge of accepted treatment practice
- Ability to enter data and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports
- Trained Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) facilitator preferred.
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
The Counselor III must have the ability to assist the team in providing safety to all clients and staff in potentially volatile situations.
- Occasionally stooping, lifting 20 to 50 lbs, climbing (stairs), crouching, reaching and running
- Regular sitting, Standing, walking, and Keyboarding
- Constant visual and auditory
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or age.