QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ethical, dependable, honest and trustworthy
- Polite, courteous, patient, and the ability to handle difficult people with tact
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and figure percentages
- Excellent communication
- Previous retail customer service experience a plus
- Initiative, adaptability and flexibility in schedule
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to talk, see and hear with or without reasonable accommodations
- Constant walking, bending, carrying, lifting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- JOB ENVIRONMENT:
Up to 90% of this job is performed inside the building and the remaining 10% could be outside. When outside there is exposure to all types of weather: heat, sun, high humidity, rain or cold. There is exposure to packaged soils and soil amendments, packaged chemicals, pollen, seeds and various types of plants. The tools used in this job include cash registers, calculators, computers, sign machine, fax, copier and pallet jack. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is most frequently required to stand and walk. There is the frequent need for lifting items up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds with assistance. Often the employee is required to stoop, kneel and crouch as well as use their hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. While performing these duties this person is required to talk, see and hear.
Berns Greenhouse and Garden Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.