QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ethical, dependable, honest and trustworthy
- Extensive knowledge of all perennials that can be successfully grown in this area
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and be open minded
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Experience identifying plant material and background in horticulture and gardening practices
- Ability to see, talk and hear with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Constant walking, bending, carrying, lifting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- JOB ENVIRONMENT:
The majority of this job is performed outside in all types of weather: heat, high humidity, rain and cold. The work environment is occasionally noisy, dusty and dirty. There is exposure to packaged soils and soil amendments, packaged chemicals, pollen, seeds and various types of plants. The physical demands of this job are moderate to high. While the job requires mostly standing and walking, there is also an equal amount of handling, pulling and pushing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear.
Berns Greenhouse and Garden Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.