Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in the systems design process, and through the systems development lifecycle.
- Design / Develop / Test / Deploy / Maintain programs, procedures, reports and utilities used throughout the SFC (office and plant)
- Provide database development and administration activities, Gain thorough understanding of SQL database tables, procedures, functions and queries.
- Enhance, update or replace existing systems as needed by analyzing business functions and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Develop skillset consistent with the corporate Playcore software architecture
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through collaboration / communication with senior IT staff.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
Competencies (check all that apply)
☒ Analytical Decision-Making
☒ Learning & Development
☒ Planning & Organizing
☒ Professionalism & Integrity
☒ Financial Management
☒ Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
☒ Teamwork & Relationship-Building
☒ Results Orientation
☐ EEO Accountability
☐ Managing Others
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- 2 years .NET/Visual Studio experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of MS-SQL development and relational database design concepts
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, C#, VB.NET, Visual Studio, ASP, ASP.NET.
- Ability to work well with users of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work well within a team and project environment.
- Background must demonstrate the ability to operate effectively within a complex, dynamic environment.
- Commitment to keeping abreast of technology and sharing that knowledge with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. (50 pounds is the max)
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.