Title: Cash Management Officer Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Cash Management Location: Headquarters
Reports To: VP Cash Management Officer
SUMMARY: Reporting to the VP of Cash Management the Cash Management Officer will be responsible for their own operational duties. The Cash Management Officer is responsible for customer service, product management, and product development of new cash management business, as well as responsibility for maintaining product profitability and the expansion of existing business relationships. In this role the Cash Management Officer will perform business calls to actively sell and service the Cash Management suite of products. Additionally, it is expected that this position assists with projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole, acting as a resource and product knowledge expert embracing the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Analyze bank statements and writes proposals to expand current cash management business.
- Recommends and implements upgrades and improvements to financial institutions policies and procedures as necessary
- Backs up the Cash Management Administrator and Cash Management Specialist when short staffed due to vacations; sick days; etc.
- Oversees cash management product installation, implementation and paperwork
- Reviews current products making recommendations for future adjustments, improvements, expansions or elimination, depending on market strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintains and follows through on customer contact regarding changes, additions
- and other problems with cash management products.
- In-depth knowledge (customer and bank facing) of online banking and all cash management products and services.
- Serves as a liaison to retail branch staff regarding the establishment of business deposit services
- Assist in going on site visits/sales calls as needed
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies, as well as attend all required training sessions and complete all required on-line training courses
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service as well as occasionally participating in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience in the financial industry
- Solid background in and knowledge of financial institution policies and products.
- Knowledge of cash management services and related areas
- Knowledge of Data processing systems required - FIS preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Means and mode to travel to customer / business calls as well as any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed on a regular basis.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Public Relations
- Interviewing skills
- Proficient mathematical problem solving
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Team orientated
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Excellent Organizational Skills,
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develop and maintain relationships within a diverse population of internal and external stakeholders and maintain alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with all departments and with customers, their bank accounts & transactions, and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create correspondence letters to customers, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, , vendors and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety documents such as financial statements, accounting system generated reports and Bank policies and procedures,
PHYSICAL and WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. files, scanners)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, greater than 50% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Regularly move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Regular local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. Customer/Business Calls).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT - Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.