The Commercial Account Analyst aids and supports the Commercial Sales Team in day-to-day operations.
Scope of the Position:
The Commercial Account Analyst will support the Project Managers and Commercial Sales Representatives at the Huntsville, AL site. This position requires <10% travel to job sites.
Responsibilities expected of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify areas of opportunities to grow the department and/or company.
- Review contract verbiage for terms and conditions satisfactory to company standards and make term changes
- Oversee contract execution process from conception to completion
- Conduct weekly/monthly contract variance audits and report discrepancies to Commercial Sales Manager
- Complete monthly customer billing per customer terms
- Complete lien waivers and pay applications accurately and effectively
- Partner with Project Managers and Sales staff on monthly billing questions/concerns
- Manage over $20M in active contracts
- Close out contracts at the end of project and report to Commercial Sales Manager of all variances
- Communicate with customers’ accounts payable in regard to pay applications, lien waivers, and serve as the liaison for past due amounts
- Must have the ability to effectively resolve problems, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or government law
- Well-developed team skills and unquestioned integrity
- Strong analytical skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite;
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills;
- Demonstrate initiative and reliability with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
Education and Experience:
- College Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, or equivalent experience in similar field
- Experience in construction and estimating is a plus but not required
- Familiar with construction pay application process a plus but not required
- Familiar with AIA contracts a plus but not required
- Sit, Stand, frequently
- Adapt to various environments including production
You will be expected to follow any other job related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested by management.