Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform the implementation of cabling, installation of surveillance systems, intrusion alarm, access control, audio-visual systems and phone solutions. Also work with Account Managers and Project Managers on estimation of both labor and equipment requirements in the preparation of quotes and proposals.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain items that the Physical and Communications team supports
- Design security solutions and document information to implement the solution
- Work with the Communications team to provide level 1 support for Unified Communications solutions
- Communicate with Service Managers, Project Managers and Dispatch as required keeping them informed of progress and notifying them of impending changes
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Work in a team environment and communicate effectively
- Problem solve when issues arise
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Enter time and expenses as they occur
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch or project management process
- Complete all work on assigned service and project
- Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Interpersonal skills such as:
- Telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
Technical awareness and skills such as:
- Ability to learn our product catalog
- Service awareness of all organizations key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure accurate entry of service request details
Ability to thrive in our environment:
- Hours of operation are typically within a normal working day but at times will require after hours work.
- Travel is involved with minimal overnight stays. A valid drivers license is required.
- There are minimal after hours and on-call requirements.
- While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand and walk for extended periods using handheld equipment and power tools.
- May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders. Ability to work using a lift is preferred.
- Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking.
- Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation.
- Individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
- Preference of 2-3 years low voltage installation experience.