At Capital, we have over 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you are empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Acts as a supervisor within the Operations department on the night shift. Assumes responsibility under the Operations Manager for shipping and receiving of product, equipment maintenance, yard housekeeping, and prompt, efficient deliveries.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Supervises and oversees the activity of the night operations team
- Directly responsible for pulling and loading orders accurately and timely
- Works with Operations Manager to recruit and retain talented night shift staff
- Oversees and directs forklift operation in shipping and receiving orders
- Adjusts drivers workload to meet customers needs and time commitments
- Schedules and distributes sales orders to staff.
- Checks receiving orders for accuracy and notifies appropriate managers of discrepancies
- Responsible for overseeing the accurate loading of all delivery orders
- Oversees the saw shop production during the 2nd shift
- Responsible for housekeeping of the yard, performing and appropriately delegating the nightly checklist
- Responsible for training and retraining of new and current employees
- Operates a forklift as necessary to assist in meeting a schedule
- Ensures that all policies, programs, guidelines and procedures are implemented and practiced as expected
- Maintains and appropriately shares records of all safety issues
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment