Summary: Maiker Housing Partners (MHP), the Public Housing Authority of Adams County, Colorado, disrupts poverty through the execution of socially conscious community development. Maiker develops and manages 18 affordable housing communities and the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Maiker strives to be a member-centered organization, honoring the gifts, talents and interests of those who receive services from Maiker.
The Community Engagement Manager is part of Maiker’s Family and Community Vitality (FCV) Team that supports the development of resilient community connection and powerful collective action. In addition to community organizing and engagement responsibilities, FCV supports members towards housing stability with Community Resource Navigation to access basic needs (such as food assistance, mental health programs, two-generation family development programs, etc.) and brings community partners on-site to support community members.
The Community Engagement Manager sets and meets engagement goals and focuses on strategic leadership, integrated plans for each community, member satisfaction and participation, accurate data reporting systems, feedback, and employee satisfaction and retention.
Benefits: Maiker Housing Partners offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability, 401(k) match and participation in the Public Employer’s Retirement Association.
Salary: $61,000 - $71,000 DOE
Essential Job Duties are performed with strict adherence to Maiker standards, policies, and procedures, and to local, State and Federal laws and regulations. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, implement and evaluate community organizing model
- Manage organizing staff in the implementation of our model with clarity and fidelity
- Manage effective implementation of engagement and organizing strategies and evaluation systems
- Ensure effective collaboration with Maiker on-site staff and community partners to promote community safety, connection and belonging
- Lead co-development of member engagement opportunities with Maiker housing community members, connect members to existing opportunities towards:
- engagement and organizing projects that build resilient member connections
- opportunities that encourage member belonging, strong contribution and leadership development, resulting in actions that support members’ interests
- Foster community member turnout and mobilization for specific initiatives
- Lead expansion of community organizing model across all 18 affordable housing communities
- Co-create opportunities to highlight member success stories with Maiker Housing Community members
- With Maiker Housing community members, implement and support campaigns to change policy and create community conditions that improve their lives
- Coach Community Organizing Team in engaging housing members through one-to-ones/events
- Identify key professional development opportunities for organizing team
- Partner with Director of FCV to implement member-centered strategies with other departments
- Provide training and information on key community issues, and on advocacy, facilitation and group leadership skills, to community members
- Lead and manage Community Engagement Team:
- Model Maiker Core Beliefs
- Provide overall direction and guidance on Agency plans and strategies
- Partner with Director of FCV to interview, hire, and train team members
- Plan, assign, and oversee team projects
- Set specific performance goals and expectations
- Review and monitor team member performance progress
- Provide frequent feedback and coaching
- Proactively manage performance issues and apply accountability as needed
- Provide rewards and recognition
- Collaboratively create individual professional development plan with team members
- Address individual complaints and resolve workgroup issues
- Manage budget, monitor revenue and expenses weekly to ensure budget achievement
Reporting and Evaluation
- Driving toward key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Implement and manage data collections systems and other methods to maintain clear, organized, and accurate records of community membership activities, involvement and achieved outcomes
- Track overall progress of organizing work plan goals
Complete required reports for partners and funders