About the Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years warehouse operations experience including inventory control procedures and best practices.
- Familiarity with Third Party shipping software preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid, current driver's license.
- Must be able to lift to 75 lbs.
- Previous experience with Forklift, Stacker, and/or Standup Forklift operation. Will be provided certification opportunity post hire.
- Self-motivated and positive attitude a must.
About VIE Ability
With an unemployment rate for individuals who are blind at 65%, purchases from VIE Ability help provide jobs and professional training to help persons who are blind or visually impaired to develop the skills needed to succeed. The goal of VIE Ability is to operate with at least 75% direct labor from people who are blind or visually impaired. In the daily process of fulfilling office supply orders and handling customer service calls, these individuals work one-on-one and in groups to develop proficiency and confidence needed to be successful in our community.
In todays economy, most jobs whether in manufacturing or in the service sector require the use of a computer to perform daily functions. This is particularly challenging for individuals who are blind. While working at VIE Ability our staff learns to excel on the computer using specialized audio screen-reader software, magnification software, refreshable Braille, or a combination of the three. We are proud of the work we are doing and of the partners who support this office supply social enterprise.
If you require assistance in completing an online application, please reach out to our Recruiter at Kathy.Walker@cincyblind.org.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.